“There’s an awful lot of talented people in this country and a lot of them put their own money into trying to break through. But because they haven’t got the knowledge or the business expertise to do it, they fail.” ~Steve Betts
Originating from NSA and US military needs of analyzing a changing environment in today’s world, VUCA is a methodology that helps assess the environment. It is based on these four phases:
- Volatility. The nature and dynamics of change, and the nature and speed of change forces and change catalysts.
- Uncertainty. The lack of predictability, the prospects for surprise, and the sense of awareness and understanding of issues and events.
- Complexity. The multiplex of forces, the confounding of issues and the chaos and confusion that surround an organization.
- Ambiguity. The haziness of reality, the potential for misreads, and the mixed meanings of conditions; cause-and-effect confusion.
Understanding the VUCA World
September 16, 2013
Bob Johansen, of the Institute for the Future, with David Small, VP of Global Talent at McDonald’s Corporation, introduce the concept of the VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous) World, and the four strategies to counteract it.
Follow this link: http://www.cvdl.org/blog/understanding-vuca-world/
Owners, Executive and other Leaders are investigating a global world concerned about Sustainability, that type of understanding can be difficult to obtain. In early December 2013, I published my second book entitled “Building a Bridge to Benefits”. If you are interested in reading about the book or want to purchase copies today, here is the link to CreateSpace, an Amazon company, go to: https://www.createspace.com/4532590
Contact information and Services
A Certified Sustainability and Quality consultancy
• Sustainability and Quality Consulting
• Sustainability and Quality Workshops
• Sustainability and Quality Speaking Engagements
Jarvis Business Solutions, LLC
Toll Free: (888) 743-3128
Web site: http://www.JarvisBusinessSolutions.com